- Joined: 4/13/2017
Escalation support engineer in Bracknell
Friday, April 21, 2017 8:27 AM
is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed’s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100. Responsibilities:
As an Escalation Engineer, you will support our clients using Riverbed solutions in the environment WAN optimization and SD WAN. Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in a technical support position, preferably with a networking technology company.
- Expert of TCP / IP
- Hands-on experience with Riverbed products is a plus.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience in the following: SAN, NAS, NFS, SCSI, RAID, device drivers, and/or file systems
- Deep knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/MS, scripting is a plus.
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Ethereal/Wireshark.
- Basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency.
- Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking (WCCP a big plus).
- Strong communication skills with customers, as well as internal company groups.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls, RAID.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE is highly preferred.
Riverbed prides itself on delivering an exceptional customer experience; come and join a team that’s proud of its high level of Customer Satisfaction.
Please apply at or contact Mr. Tom Sander () if you have any further questions. The anticipated start date is mid of May or beginning of June. Learn more at .
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Riverbed named of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation: