myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Nightwatchman/Wakeup Design

tray_0042

• Total Posts : 122
  • Scores: 4
  • Reward points : 25150
Nightwatchman/Wakeup Design Monday, February 18, 2013 3:04 PM (permalink)
I just wanted to get an answer on something about my 1E Nightwatchman/Wakeup design for my company's environment.  I've got an SCCM environment that's a little different, my Central Site Server is not used for anything except Reporting...which means we don't have advertisements and packages on that Central Site Server.  We have 3 Primary Site Servers around the globe, those 3 primaries are not in the same hierarchy, except for the fact that they all have that Central Site Server as their parent.  So basically all of the primaries have different packages and advertisements, and those objects do not show up on the Central Site Server because of course that information flows down in SCCM, not up. 

My question is, do I need to put a server with NWM in each region with Wakeup installed on the SCCM Primary Site server in that region........or can i put one NWM server next to the Central Site Server, then just of course load Wakeup on all my primaries below???  My guess is that I have to put a NWM server in each region, because the package and advertisement data only flows down.  So if I put one next to the SCCM Central Site Server and registered that SCCM box as the Master Wakeup Server, Wakeup would only monitor THAT SCCM servers database and it wouldn't monitor all the Primary Site databases below it.  Does my theory sound correct??  Thanks for any help!!

Re:Nightwatchman/Wakeup Design Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:45 AM (permalink)
    Hi Tray,

I believe we've spoken in the past? :) I'm Henry from 1E, I passed your details on to our support team to help you with the design of your environment? I hope they managed to help you okay?

Kind regards,

Henry

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages