myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop

epulone

• Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 1320
Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop Sunday, August 06, 2017 2:50 AM (permalink)
It seems this forum is not active.....Let's  see 
Once the Laptop is out of the domain the user can't use it at all, an error come that says programs or external device as USB are not reachable (WIN 10) . As it should be the user desktop (domain) disappear once you are out of the domain or not internet connection is available, in fact remain only the recycle bin on the desktop but I was expected at least to use it for simple things as for example power-point files saved on the USB. 

I was wondering is there a way to use it out of the domain. It could be useful for example when the user go out for a presentation...

At the moment I setup on it a local account but I believe there is another easy option.

Thanks

gjones

• Total Posts : 2803
    • Scores: 146
    • Reward points : 234480
    Re:Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop Monday, August 07, 2017 9:23 AM (permalink)
    What do you mean by out of domain? Have you removed them for the domain and make them a workgroup?
    Why couldn't they access a USB drive? I give presentations all the time and I'm never connected to the internet.

epulone

• Total Posts : 2
      • Scores: 0
      • Reward points : 1320
      Re:Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:44 AM (permalink)
      Thanks Gjones.

When the laptop is inside of the company connected to our domain it works fine. When the user leave the company and loose the connection to the domain (and connection to internet) the user profile on the laptop desktop is lost. The laptop load a kind of local desktop (I can see only the recycle bin) that doesn't allow the normal usage of it. For example I can open a new powerpoint and work on it but I can't open a file that exist on C or saved on an external USB. An error appear that says "not reachable".

gjones

• Total Posts : 2803
        • Scores: 146
        • Reward points : 234480
        Re:Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop Tuesday, August 08, 2017 10:21 AM (permalink)
        That is some that is unique to your environment. You have some sort of policy that blocks access of roaming profiles that are not setup correctly.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message