myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

bsaumier75

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 100
SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:50 AM (permalink)
Hey guys I have a client who is required to partition their Windows 8.1 installation in three different partitions:
C:(OS Partition)
d:(SQLData Partition)
E:(Client Data Partition)
G:(CD-ROM)
I Already know that I should not use multiple drives for OSD but this is the requirement I have been given...
When I deploy my TS through PxE or USB Bootable Media all the drives are labeled correctly... C,D and E but if I Use Standalone USB Media then I end up with C, E and F and G as CDRom. I know that WinPE assigns a drive letter to the usb stick usually d: but not always so how can I set the USB Standalone media to act the same way as PxE and Usb Boot Media? is there a way to have PE set the USB drive to drives latter in the alphabet? s, t or w?
Please help

artifectrealm

• Total Posts : 2
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points : 210
    Re:SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:04 AM (permalink)
    Hi
    sorry for bring up this old thread, but i am also having this issue whereby my offline media usb is being assigned letter D causing my second partition on my fixed disk to be something else. Is there a solution to this?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message