myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received"

powerhouse

• Total Posts : 5
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 0
SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received" Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:36 PM (permalink)
environment:
one Win 2008 server running SCCM r2 in mixed mode.
Client push install is working and clients correctly checking in with software/hardware reports.

I am trying to push out a couple of programs and getting a "No messages have been received" on the advertisement report. I haven't seen any errors in the log files on the server or client side but not really sure which log file I should be looking at. 

Settings:
Enable software distribution to clients checked
Source is on a remote server share that server has access to
Program can run whether or not a user is logged on, users cannot interact with this program.

Has anyone seen this before or know how I can try to solve this issue?

Thanks,

skissinger

• Total Posts : 5126
    • Scores: 504
    • Reward points : 201000
    RE: SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received" Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:57 PM (permalink)
    Advertisements are policies offered by your MPs.  So, it could be anything from the server not updating your MPs with the new policy, to the MP not offering the policy to clients, to clients not knowing what MP to talk to, or the client could have picked up the policy, but either the policy way in the future and not actionable, or it is somehow else an invalid policy.

So lots of places to look... but I usually start with on a client that is listed in the collection you've targetted with that advertisement, on that client, look at system32\ccm\logs, the policyagent & policyevaluator log files.  Is the client picking up policies at all?
    mofmaster@myitforum.com
    My Blog
    Microsoft MVP 2007-2015 - ConfigMgr

powerhouse

RE: SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received" Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:40 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for your help,

I didn't see any error's in those client log files and it looks like they are successfully getting machine and user policies. On the Package status it says the state is installed and no error messages on the milestones. 

However in the mpcontrol.log on the server i'm getting the following:

Call to HttpSendRequestSync failed for port 80 with status code 500, text: Internal Server Error    SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER    10/14/2008 1:36:51 PM    7180 (0x1C0C)
      Successfully performed Management Point availability check against local computer.    SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER    10/14/2008 1:36:51 PM    7180 (0x1C0C)
      Successfully performed Management Point availability check against local computer.    SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER    10/14/2008 1:36:51 PM    7180 (0x1C0C)

Could this be related?

powerhouse

RE: SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received" Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:54 PM (permalink)
        I followed this document:

http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive/2008/09/04/configmgr-2007-mpcontrol-log-shows-httpsendrequestsync-fails-with-status-code-500-internal-server-error.aspx

and it looks like it has resolved the 500 errors. Hopefully this will allow the programs to be pushed.

skissinger

• Total Posts : 5126
          • Scores: 504
          • Reward points : 201000
          RE: SCCM program adverts "No messages have been received" Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:17 PM (permalink)
          Most likely that was the issue.  Since clients have to talk to the MP to get policy, if your MP isn't working, clients can't get policies (like advertisement policies)
          mofmaster@myitforum.com
          My Blog
          Microsoft MVP 2007-2015 - ConfigMgr

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages