myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database.

bmoline

• Total Posts : 65
  • Scores: 3
  • Reward points : 19220
The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:10 PM (permalink)
We are receiving the following error on a workstation that we installed the SCCM Configuration Manager Console:

The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Verify that this computer has network connectivity to the SMS Provider computer and that your user account has Remote Activation permissions on both the ConfigMgr site server and SMS Provider computers. For more information, see "How to Configure DCOM Permissions for Configuration Manager Console Connections" in ConfigMgr Help.

The user has permissions and is able to connect on another workstation just fine.  We uninstalled/reinstalled the console and still received this error.  Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks much.

nrunge

• Total Posts : 113
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points : 0
    RE: The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:32 PM (permalink)
    I only handle the OSD side of the SCCM house but I know that our Sr. Windows Admin had to change permissions specifically on DCOM objects to allow me to connect to the DB via the console. At the time I remember him being pretty frustrated because I had appropriate rights on the DC and for the SQL DB. Sorry I can't be more specific, but take a look at the DCOM objects in AD.

bmoline

RE: The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:49 PM (permalink)
      Thanks nrunge.  This user is a member of the group that has all the correct permissions on the server.  He is able to open ConfigMgr Console just fine on another pc.  I have Domain Admin rights and I get the same message on this pc.  I'm wondering what could be different on the workstation.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.

atodd

• Total Posts : 23
        • Reward points : 0
        RE: The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Friday, July 18, 2008 11:21 AM (permalink)
        If the user can connect from other devices fine then it may be the firewall, if its on?
        <message edited by atodd on Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:49 AM>

lcpc78

• Total Posts : 82
          • Reward points : 13360
          RE: The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:34 AM (permalink)
          Have you enabled Anonymous Logon for Remote Access under Access Permissions in DCOM?

bmoline

RE: The ConfigMgr console could not connect to the ConfigMgr site database. Monday, July 28, 2008 5:36 PM (permalink)
            Yes, I'm leaning towards a workstation issue and not a setting on the server based on the fact that myself and the other person can log into other workstations and run the console just fine, it's only one workstation that is causing the problem.  The firewall is off.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message