myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

WSUS not syncing with SCCM 2012

jcampbell282

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 100
WSUS not syncing with SCCM 2012 Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:08 PM (permalink)
Please help,

I setup WSUS on the same server as SCCM and i cant get SCCM to sync with the WSUS server. 

Error message from WSUSCtrl:
Failed to set WSUS Local Configuration. Will retry configuration. SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER 8/14/2013 8:26:56 AM 4828 (0x12DC)System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it IP ddress :8530~~   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)~~   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)~~   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.GetUpdateServer()~~   at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber) SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER 8/14/2013 8:26:58 AM 4828 (0x12DC)Failed to set WSUS Local Configuration. Will retry configuration in 1 minutes SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER 8/14/2013 8:26:58 AM 4828 (0x12DC)System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it IP address:8530~~   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)~~   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)~~   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.GetUpdateServer()~~   at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber) SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER 8/14/2013 8:27:00 AM 4828 (0x12DC)Failures reported during periodic health check by the WSUS Server  Will retry check in 1 minutes SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER 8/14/2013 8:27:00 AM 4828 (0x12DC)

<message edited by jcampbell282 on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:14 PM>

davidobrien

• Total Posts : 14
    • Reward points : 17200
    Re:WSUS not syncing with SCCM 2012 Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:13 PM (permalink)
    Hi,
    WSUS is running remote?
    Is WSUS actually configured for port 8530? Is the service running?

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    This seems to be the problem...

Regards,
    David

view my blog on 

Grunth0s

• Total Posts : 12
      • Reward points : 23050
      Re:WSUS not syncing with SCCM 2012 Monday, August 19, 2013 9:54 AM (permalink)
      WSUS can be a little fickle, and seems to be one of those components that causes lots of problems.

I am assuming you've enabled the standard software update role in Windows, and are then trying to get SCCM to take control of it?

When I have seen this issue before, I manually downloaded the latest version for WSUS, and installed that plus a couple of hotfixes ... problem then went away.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message