myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain password

al621

• Total Posts : 68
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 5190
how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain password Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:15 PM (permalink)
where do I go to on the System Center Configuration Manager to find when does the SCCM client gets installed on the client computers?

Also our Network Admin left our company and we had to change the Domain password.
Will changing the Domain password affects how the SCCM client gets installed.
I am looking at the Site Settings and in the Accounts
I see one account named domain name\Administrator. Do I have to change any password there to match the Domain password that we changed.

skissinger

• Total Posts : 4937
    • Scores: 473
    • Reward points : 137360
    Re: how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain passw Friday, July 30, 2010 8:29 AM (permalink)
    Client install date: select arp.displayname0, arp.installdate0, arp.version0
    from v_gs_add_remove_programs arp
    where arp.displayname0 = 'Configuration Manager Client'

HOWEVER, that installdate can be EXTREMELY misleading.  There are multiple ways to install the client, and one is to install the client on your image, but in such a way that it is not activated until imaged.  So the install date could = the date the image was built... not the date the image was dropped onto a computer.  So be careful that you don't draw incorrect conclusions around that installdate.  It could mean absolutely nothing in your environment.

Domain password: Sure, change it there to match. Can't hurt.

<message edited by skissinger on Friday, July 30, 2010 8:30 AM>
    mofmaster@myitforum.com
    My Blog
    Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr

al621

Re: how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain passw Sunday, August 01, 2010 3:34 AM (permalink)
      the client still did not install on two computer systems.
      I checked the Client Push Installation Properties Account tab and found the admin account which is domain name\administrator. Is there a way to change the password in the account since our Domain password has changed or can I add another account to the Client Push Installation account the has rights to install programs and leave the domain name\administrator.
      Would this help fix the problem of the client install.

skissinger

• Total Posts : 4937
        • Scores: 473
        • Reward points : 137360
        Re: how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain passw Sunday, August 01, 2010 10:33 AM (permalink)
        fyi, Client Push is only 1 of about 4 different ways to install the client.

However, if that is the method you are using; yes, you can add multiple accounts to the Site Settings, Client Installation Methods, right-click on Client Push Installation and go to properties.  On the Accounts tab in there, you can add additional accounts; accounts which would be expected to be in the target computers' local Administrators group; however that is being accomplished.
        mofmaster@myitforum.com
        My Blog
        Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr

al621

Re: how to check when SCCM 2007 client install on client computers & changing domain passw Sunday, August 01, 2010 3:02 PM (permalink)
          strange after I added another account I was able to push the client to the system. Maybe there is something wrong with the permission for that admin account.
          Does this mean that if any computer connected to the domain, the SCCM 2007 client will automatically install for me and I don't have to manuall push it out?

Thanks for all your help Sherry

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages