- Joined: 12/9/2011
SCCM Admin: Valero Energy
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:54 PM
Description Valero Energy is seeking an interested top-tier applicant with experience working in a Microsoft enterprise environment. This position is part of the Desktop Operations team that is responsible for solutions that effectively support current and future business processes and systems. The scope of the position’s responsibilities will include support to both the business customer as well as technical staff within the department. This position will be expected to administer existing Microsoft systems such as SMS/SCCM, Windows XP/7, Active Directory, Office Communicator 2007, and Exchange 2007 while providing daily troubleshooting support associated with these and other non-Microsoft systems. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining application packages with Wise Package Studio and SQL reports as required by the business. Maintenance of Microsoft and McAfee product updates for desktop systems will soon be moved into this team. Experience working with McAfee E-Policy Orchestrator (EPO) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) will also be required to achieve goals on the infrastructure department’s monthly scorecard. This position will document knowledge acquired and technical specifications into a knowledge management system. This includes adhering to established documenting standards. The position will build strong relationships with Valero’s business partners, as well as all infrastructure groups including helpdesk, desktop support, server operations, and engineering. Major accountabilities include:
About Valero: Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 15 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products and manufacturing. Valero offers exceptional compensation & benefits packages, and many personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Coordinate with customers to define and satisfy application package requirements.
- Daily monitoring and reconciliation of incident tickets assigned to desktop operation’s queue.
- Develop, test, and document distribution procedures for installing packaged applications.
- Maintain the acceptable goals for desktop operation’s scorecard.
- Provide knowledge transfer, coaching, and mentoring to technical staff.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Three years experience with SCCM, Windows XP, Windows 7, SQL reporting, and scripting required.
- Proficiency with Wise Packaging Studio, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2007, Windows Server OS, Citrix, McAfee EPO and WSUS strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills to meet project deadlines while performing normal daily tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required to communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds required.
Job Information Systems
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting Mar 7, 2012, 12:27:10 PM
Unposting Date Unposting Date Ongoing
Recruiter Corey Stewart