Before you all have a conniption, let me explain the scenario first.
Currently we have a QA segment that has a SCCM server that is working fine. However, the location will soon be closed and since the primary is on old hardware we decided to build a new server in a new location.
The server was built and SCCM installed. However, when I tried to install the MP and SLP roles, I found out there was another site on the same domain! So, everything was picking up the MP and SLP from that site. I can't even assign the new site server to it's own site!
I was able to discover the pcs that I want to migrate over to the new site, but cannot install the SCCM client to force them over.
When I checked the old QA server, I noticed the clientlocation.log file showed the IP address for the QA server instead of the server name. The other logs showed the same errors I am encountering in the new site, but somehow, they got the old site to work with the other site present.
So my question is how would I get the new site to work with that other site present. We can't shut it dwn, since it is managing over 100 servers (don't ask me why this is in a QA engineering environment if that is the case).
<message edited by bmair on Friday, June 22, 2012 12:14 PM>
Affiliated Computer Services, Inc.
Information Management Senior Analyst
New York, New York