myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content

xolr

• Total Posts : 6
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 530
SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:50 PM (permalink)
I've got a newly deployed SCCM 2012 SP1 running on Windows Server 2012. The W2K12 runs as vm on ESX 5.1. I'm having very odd issues with OS deployment. The TS keeps failing when processing SCCM client installation - it downloads the package but then it fails straight away with the 80091007 - hash values couldn't be matched error - some extract from smsts.log attached below. It's very consistent, it happens every time - it downloads and applies the image fine straight after that it bombs out.
What is very interesting is that it works perfectly fine when I deploy vms (on the same or different host) - the issue seems to be be only affecting physical machines (laptops desktops). This might suggest some network issues (vSwitch with Cisco switches) but the config on the switch is very simple and this shouldn't be the case.
I had a few virtualised SCCM 2007 installations (ESX 5 and 4) and it always worked with no problems.

I tried to recreate the package (changing source directory), turn binary differential replication on and off, copy the content of the package to the dist point or not copy. Push client installation (or other package deployments) work fine 
When I tried to deploy with no download - sometimes it works but most of the time I'd get the files/folder corrupt error (can't remember the No)

This is starting to drive me crazy - There are some significant changes in the way SCCM 2012 is validating package integrity (like Content Lib folder) but the consistency of this problem is just very odd.

Anyone has any clues?

thanks

(..)
 - Downloaded file from http://GTKVMGMT05.GTK.LOC...m?/x64/wic_x64_enu.exe to C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\GTK0000C\x64/wic_x64_enu.exe 
 - Download done setting progress bar to 100
VerifyContentHash: Hash algorithm is 32780
c:\_smstasksequence\packages\GTK0000c\i386 is a directory. Setting directory security
c:\_smstasksequence\packages\GTK0000c\x64 is a directory. Setting directory security
 - Hash could not be matched for the downloded content. Original ContentHash = 5EF3A189C48F3469440A83026EC8ECD36EAD6EAF3B5D35663F8201BDE175413C, Downloaded ContentHash = FA4516EDD2D7907F8FA472A3E1B717DF2DD4A0976CD4CEAE11045EE62EC8C661
0L == TS::Utility::VerifyPackageHash(pszContentID, sDestination), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,2999)
 - DownloadContentAndVerifyHash(pszPackageID, L"SMSPackage", saHttpContentSources, saSMBContentSources, saMulticastContentSources, sDestination, dwFlags, L"", 0, dwPackageFlags, pszUserName, pszUserPassword ), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,3106)
 - DownloadContentLocally(pszSource, sSourceDirectory, dwFlags, hUserToken, pszUserName, pszUserPassword), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,3331)
ResolveSource(pszSource, sSourceDirectory, dwFlags, 0, 0, 0), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\framework\tscore\resolvesource.cpp,3221)
TS::Utility::ResolveSource(sClientPackageID, sClientPackagePath), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client\osdeployment\osdgina\basesetuphook.cpp,1655)
 - Failed to resolve package source "GTK0000C"
 - Exiting ConfigureEx: 0x80091007
 - BaseSetupHook::configure(sWindowsDir), HRESULT=80091007 (e:\nts_sccm_release\sms\client\osdeployment\osdgina\osdsetuphook.cpp,292)
 - Failed to configure OSD setup hook (0x80091007)
 - Failed to configure OSD setup hook (0x80091007)
(..)

bmason505

• Total Posts : 3346
    • Scores: 250
    • Reward points : 98260
    Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:59 PM (permalink)
    You tried recreating what package?  The CM12 client?
    Brian Mason
    MCTS\MS MVP - ECM 
    http://www.mnscug.org/
    Attend MMS in November!

xolr

Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:28 AM (permalink)
      The one that's failing - CCM client. Actually I re-added all of the packages not just this one.
      There are no any errors in IIS logs, also turned on debugging for the TS during OS deployment (smsts.ini in the boot image) in hope it would give me a bit more info than just saying "hash values couldn't be matched" - but TS doesn't seem to elaborate on this error even with loglevel set to 0.
      Another observation - the small wim I have (1.9GB) actually deploys fine - the next one in row is 3.8GB and it fails most of the time (I 've had few successful deployments though) - the big one (10GB) always fails.
      Same error all the time hash value when trying to deploy CCM client. 

I'm really stuck - could this be a bug?

<message edited by xolr on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:35 AM>

xolr

Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:07 AM (permalink)
        Another observation - just tried to use multicast - it fails straight away on any package that's set to go down by multicast - no matter if it's a package or a wim file - hash vlaues couldn't be matched it says. The difference is there's no downloaded hash value (empty string) - see below - 

- Hash could not be matched for the downloded content. Original ContentHash = (...hash value...), Downloaded ContentHash = 

I don't want to jump the gun here but it looks more like a bug to me (anyone remember the SCCM 2007 SP1 multicast hash bug?)

holsh

• Total Posts : 12
          • Scores: 2
          • Reward points : 2150
          Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:11 AM (permalink)
          Sounds like the cert isn't there or bad

xolr

Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:07 PM (permalink)

I've narrowed it down to a network issue - it only happens when OS is deployed across vlans. I'm on Cisco gear - I have yet to figure out what it is though. Multicast is working fine - it's just the CCM client package wouldn't match the hash value... 

bmason505

• Total Posts : 3346
              • Scores: 250
              • Reward points : 98260
              Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:35 PM (permalink)
              McAfee or some other AV touching your DP?
              Brian Mason
              MCTS\MS MVP - ECM 
              http://www.mnscug.org/
              Attend MMS in November!

xolr

Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:33 PM (permalink)
                no, no AV on the server just yet..
                I think I've found the source of the problem. It's the E1000 NIC on ESX 5.1 - I tried to change it to VMXNET3 and the problem went away. It needs more testing but so far it's working - at last..

Will confirm tomorrow.

xolr

Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:59 PM (permalink)

just to say that this was the fix

jonrowe81

• Total Posts : 46
                    • Reward points : 11280
                    Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Monday, July 22, 2013 5:07 PM (permalink)
                    xolr: I have been having some major issues with my new SCCM 2012 SP1 deployment.  OSD task sequences would run perfectly in our test environment on standard 10/100 switches, then we go out into our "production" environment and it fails...on 10/100/1000 fast smart switches.  I've been working on this for 2 weeks, and came across your post here about switching from e1000 to vmxnet3...I just made the switch in our ESX 5.1 environment, and the image SEEMS to be going through just fine.  Fingers crossed, your post/confirmation might have just saved me another 2 weeks of headaches. 

I will report back and let you know...I praying this fixes our issues.

thank you

jonrowe81

• Total Posts : 46
                      • Reward points : 11280
                      Re:SCCM 2012 SP1 - OS Deployment - hash could not be matched for the downloded content Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:22 PM (permalink)
                      xolr : I can't thank you enough for posting / coming back with your update on what fixed this issue for you, for it helped me to fix a very similar incident that I've been working on for over a week now.

you're a life-saver, thank you!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages