Hoping some one can give me a bit of hint with this, as it is starting to frustrate.
I have a standalone primary with it’s SQL DB local. Attached to that are 2 servers both with mp replica DBs and roles as follows;
Server1: Distribution point & MP
Server2: MP,sup,app web service,app website.
I am working on setting up a new CM 2012 environment and I am having some problems with my first PXE DP. When a pxe client has it's initial dhcp request for boot file name forwarded to it, it looks like the pxe dp is trying to talk to the management point about something and being ignored. There are 2 MPs, if I change it to the other, it works fine. The smspxe log shows access denied;
reply has no message header marker SMSPXE 27/09/2013 09:06:38 88 (0×0058)
Failed to send status message (80004005) SMSPXE 27/09/2013 09:06:38 88 (0×0058)
Failed to send the status message SMSPXE 27/09/2013 09:06:38 88 (0×0058)
PXE::MP_ReportStatus failed; 0×80004005 SMSPXE 27/09/2013 09:06:38 88 (0×0058)
PXE Provider failed to process message.Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows) SMSPXE 27/09/2013 09:06:38 88 (0×0058)
and when i look in the IIS logs on the bad MP, I can see an internal server error;
2013-09-27 08:06:41 10.46.85.52 CCM_POST /ccm_system/request – 80 – 10.10.10.10 SMS+CCM+5.0+TS – 500 0 0 46
I do not think that this is directly relating to just PXE because similar errors appear in dpmon.log that look like status reports for content validation….
Error sending status message to management point(s) ‘http://MYMP.FQDN
’ (port 80) from remote DP. Verify management point(s). (code 0×80004005)
I have read about a few problems relating to trying to use a self signed cert on DP with a HTTPS management point – however at the moment, I have things set to being solely HTTP & have confirmed this in the registry of the DP – the 2 MPs it has listed are both on HTTP.
I have tried to compare the config of IIS on the management point with that of the other, but have found no significant differeneces. I did this by eye and subsequently with MSdeploy, but found the output from that hard to interpret. (i only have basic knowledge of IIS)
As far as I can tell, the management point is working fine for client systems & all of the mplist/mpcert urls seem to return OK – mpcontrol is happy too.
If I alter the order of MPs in the registry on the distribution point (so that Server2 MP is first), PXE boots up fine. If I switch the order back to Server1 first, it fails again. (this backed up by activity in IIS logs)
If I've omitted any info please ask – its hard to get all relevant details when you've been bashing your head against a problem for a while!
(I haven't re installed anything yet on the MP – just trying to bottom out all other options first – before I worked out that it was only one MP not working, I did re-install PXE. Everything has been rebooted :-) )
<message edited by pysclist on Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:20 AM>