myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Randomization of Client Functions (Not deadline randomization)

lbriggs

• Total Posts : 154
  • Scores: 10
  • Reward points : 22590
Randomization of Client Functions (Not deadline randomization) Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:44 AM (permalink)
Is there a document that highlights the other randomized functions of the SCCM 2012 R2 client?  We are finding that the application evaluation cycle is occuring too infrequently to give us good deployment success numbers, so we've been testing bumping this up to something much more aggressive (default is 7 days, we changed to 6 hours in prod, and I am testing with this at 30 minutes).

Client settings for Computer Agent have deadline randomization disabled, but I'm seeing in the various logs that other scheduled events are being randomized:

From scheduler.log
SMSTrigger '00E5CAC00013C000' for scheduler 'Machine/{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000121}' will fire at 12/09/2013 10:11:00 AM with randomization.

There are many other schedulers firing with randomization.  Where can I find detail on the limits of this randomization, and potentially a way to disable this?

bmason505

• Total Posts : 3323
    • Scores: 250
    • Reward points : 91650
    Re:Randomization of Client Functions (Not deadline randomization) Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:44 PM (permalink)
    Say that's an initial randomization.  So that if you have application re-evaluation going daily, each client will re-evaluate, but just not at the same time.  That's actually nice for your infrastructure so that it doesn't get a bunch of state messages at the exact same time.  And boy, can a client even finish an eval in 30 minutes?  That's crazy fast.  Heck, even every 6 hours sounded like overkill to me.
    As for the 1st eval, I can get why that one would be painful because you might want some apps offered or installed after a reimage and you don't want to wait a couple hours.  But I know of no list of items delayed and how long that delay is.
    Brian Mason
    MCTS\MS MVP - ECM 
    http://www.mnscug.org/

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages