myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Install Software Updates via Task Sequence with Full Media flash drive

patchm00

• Total Posts : 117
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 23410
Install Software Updates via Task Sequence with Full Media flash drive Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:26 PM (permalink)
Hello,
When we use flash drive with just the boot media and it connects to SCCM via the network, the Task Sequence which includes "Install Software Updates" works perfectly.

However, when we use Create Task Sequence Media, the software updates do not run. I understand that part of software updates is the task running the process to check which updates it needs so perhaps it doesn't know which updates to include on the flash drive, but, why won't it connect over the network to run this task? I know the standalone is supposed to be "stand alone" however the join domain network task runs over the network as well as the activate Windows.

thanks

DanielRatliff

• Total Posts : 11
    • Scores: 0
    • Reward points : 2950
    Re:Install Software Updates via Task Sequence with Full Media flash drive Friday, January 31, 2014 9:54 AM (permalink)
    I couldnt find the 2012 article, but the 2007 article should still apply for the most part.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb632784.aspx
    Think of it like this, anything that involves content will have to be local to the USB stick. Since software updates are content, they would need to be local. Since you cannot determine what updates are needed, they cannot be loaded on the stick.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message