What I do to keep track of these things are the following.
1. In Monitoring section of SCCM 2012 I create a folder with the name of the software. Then create query rules and query what computers have this installed and another query for who does not have this installed.
2. I then go to device collection and import that same rule into a new device collection and this gives me a good summary as well.
3. I use Compliance Rules to ensure that all computers are compliant with having the application installed via the auto detect technology of SCCM.
4. I take screen shots of all deployment results before I retire or remove the app or kill the deployment.
5. The one thing I have not checked is somewhere in the built in reporting section of Monitoring I would think this would also keep a history of statistics of each deployment. Not sure though.
Try this query rule for your app.
select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_R_System.LastLogonTimestamp from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "yourapplication"
<message edited by mdouglas_2014 on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:39 PM>