myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Asset Intelligence Third Party Import File with multiple PO# for Same Software Title

Leon_Nick

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 100
Asset Intelligence Third Party Import File with multiple PO# for Same Software Title Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:05 PM (permalink)
A customer of mine ask me if there is a way to import third-party license information to SCCM 2012 Asset Intelligence that contain multiple POs either from same or different vendors using one line per PO.  I try using the following test input file but if fails.  If I only use a single line it works.

Name,Publisher,Version,Language,EffectiveQuantity,PONumber,ResellerName,DateOfPurchase,SupportPurchased,SupportExpirationDate,Comments
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.07)  MUI,Adobe Systems,11,English,3,CS10087281,XYZ,2/1/2013,,,
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.07)  MUI,Adobe Systems,11,English,7,CS10087293,XYZ,6/1/2014,,,
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.07)  MUI,Adobe Systems,11,English,2,CS10087451,RTR,7/1/2014,,

The customer wants to track each individual PO for auditing purposes.  It appears the error in importing the file is due to the Name field having to be unique.  One approach might be to manually totaling the licenses for a given title and adding the POs info to the comment field.  Issue with this is the administrative overhead and limiting ability to track the individual PO/license info such as Reseller Name, Date of Order, ect.  I'm hoping for a workaround or is this a software limitation and they have to look at a third party solution.

Thank You in Advance

gjones

• Total Posts : 2525
    • Scores: 142
    • Reward points : 148160
    Re:Asset Intelligence Third Party Import File with multiple PO# for Same Software Title Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:35 PM (permalink)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message