myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Need to use a User GPO to map drive for specific users in a SUB-OU containing lot of users

ingram_59

• Total Posts : 5
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 2440
Need to use a User GPO to map drive for specific users in a SUB-OU containing lot of users Friday, December 23, 2016 12:39 PM (permalink)
I've created a User GPO to map a drive for users in a SUB-OU who need it.  The GPO is linked to the user SUB-OU for the department in question.  There are about 50 users in that SUB-OU and I only need the GPO to apply to about ten of them.  I created a Global Security group with only those ten users and added it to Security Filtering for the GPO thinking that would work.  

However the GPO refuses to apply unless I leave Authenticated Users in Security Filtering. (Authenticated Users is now required for applying User GPO's).  In this scenario, the mapping then applies to ALL users in the linked SUB-OU and not simple to the ten users in the security group that I created.  

How do I get the GPO to apply to the SUB-OU but still only set the mapping for the few users who need it? I don't want to make another SUB-OU just to accommodate drive mapping for these users since this is a process that will have broader implications for other department.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message