myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Welcoming the IT/Dev Connections 2017 Steering Committee to Town

rodtrent

• Total Posts : 1336
  • Scores: 39
  • Reward points : 91660
Welcoming the IT/Dev Connections 2017 Steering Committee to Town Monday, March 13, 2017 2:11 PM (permalink)
IT/Dev Connections is a conference that is built for the community – by the community. And, when I say that I mean it.
Over the next couple days I get to sit down with our IT/Dev Connections Steering Committee for food, fun, and meetings. We’ll be talking about things to work on for this year’s event in October in San Francisco and then move on to discussions about plans for IT/Dev Connections 2018.
People have told us that they’ve become tired of big vendor conferences that offer very little more than content overviews, sales pitches, and confusing community events. By putting together a group of peers – actual community people – we are able to deliver on the “for the community, by the community promise.” And, this truly allows us to deliver better focused content, sessions that are the most valuable and deeply technical in the industry, and a conference experience that is sought after.
This is our inaugural year and group for the Steering Committee, but our plan is to continue with this for the foreseeable future and offer rotating positions so we can capture the full essence of what our community wants and needs. You might even recognize a few people on this year’s committee.
Let me introduce our inaugural group…
Ami Casto – Not only is Ami our Track Chair for the Enterprise track this year, but Ami is a strong voice in the Windows and Enterprise community. Ami regularly provides no-nonsense feedback that is critically valuable.
Chander Dhall – Chander is our Track Chair for the Development and DevOps track this year, but he’s also a strong leader in the development industry. Chander’s youthful, go-getter spirit is contagious.
Alison Wadsworth – Alison helps keep Chander in line (they are engaged!), but I’ve learned that her abilities for event management and are second to none – and she’s an attorney.
John Savill – Everyone knows John. John has been a strong leader in just about every aspect of IT for years. John is heading up our Cloud and Datacenter track this year, but his insight into the various industry areas are key to our content delivery.
April Cook – I’ve known April for a long time and her dedication to the community is legendary. April runs a large and highly successful System Center focused user group in the New England area.
Cameron Fuller – Cameron works for Catapult Systems in Texas, but most notably Cameron is a long-time MVP with loads of experience. He also invented and helped run the System Center Universe – a very popular one-day conference focused on – you guessed it – System Center.
Harjit Dhaliwal – Harjit is a long-time community evangelist and social communicator. If you participate on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ and don’t know Harjit, you’re not doing it right. Harjit was recently award his MVP status from Microsoft for his community efforts.
As you can see, each of our Steering Committee members brings something extremely valuable to IT/Dev Connections strategy and planning. We’ll be able to approach the conference from all angles and develop exactly what our attendees are looking for.
As we assemble over the next couple days, we’ll be working to develop focus, strategy, and direction for 2017 and 2018 – including something called the “IT/Dev Connections Ambassador program” that we’re just about ready to kick off.
Stay tuned! It’s going to be exciting! 

Rod Trent 
Education and Conferences Director
Penton Technology

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages