myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

Up grading to Exchange 2016 from 2010.

BboOS

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 440
Up grading to Exchange 2016 from 2010. Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:26 PM (permalink)
We are trying to upgrade the current Exchange infrastructure from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016.  The issues that we are experiencing when trying to extend the AD Schema by using the following command on the replacement windows 2016 server are as follows:  Setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms on the new Windows 2016 server and the following errors are generated:
  •  Cannot find the Recipient Update Service responsible for domain 'DC=MailServer,DC=cccc'. New and existing users may not be properly Exchange-enabled.
  • One or more servers in the existing organization are running Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 (There isn't either a 2000 or 2003 Exchange active or in existence on the domain.)  Before, I was employed by this company, the previous IT Team completed the upgrade to Exchange 2010 and I'm not sure, if they followed best practices when they De-commission the old E-mail server.
Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks, Bob

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages