myITforum and Windows IT Pro Forums

5250 Emulation in Windows XP

josys36

• Total Posts : 1
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points : 100
5250 Emulation in Windows XP Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:50 PM (permalink)
OK so years ago I had a T60 that I used for work. I had personal communications installed and used a 5250 PCMCIA adaptor to connect to my personal systems on a system console. Most of my personal systems do have Ethernet and TCIP, but my Model 200 and my System/36 do not. So, without using a console or an older PS/2 machine this was my best way.

I brought out my T60 as I have a need to get into my older 200 again, I had installed Linxu on this system years ago so I wiped it out and put in XP again. I installed PComm and put in my 5250 PCMCIA card again. This time however when I run PComm it tells me Interrupt level is invalid or is already being used by another device. It makes no sense since this is plug and play adaptor so PComm should just pick the configured PCMCIA card and run with it. I've already checked the card and according to Windows XP it's fine and not in any conflicts at all. I don't remember having to do anything special when I first set this up years ago. If I recall correctly it just worked normally.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Jason

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages