- Scores: 0
- Joined: 3/8/2012
Patching process idea / suggestions requested
Monday, July 30, 2012 5:27 PM
- Software update group / deployment package containing all Win2kX patches for the year 2008-2009
- Software update group / deployment package containing all Win2kX patches for the year 2010-2011
- Software update group / deployment package containing January 2012 through previous month’s patches
- Software update group / deployment package created each month after patch Tuesday and deployed.
- The following month, the previous months patches (#4) are placed into the update group mentioned in #3
- Repeat steps 3-6 until all of year 2012 is completed. Add all 2012 patches to 2010-2011 group, rename group to 2010-2012
- Start over for 2013
Then have the software update groups mentioned in #1 and #2 deployed to all server groups at all times, so any servers newly added to SCCM patching group will for sure have these patches installed.
Any reason why this wouldn't work? Is this a bad idea? Is there any way I can keep the software update groups from expiring?
Is there anything flawed with this methodology?